Client: St. James Mercy / University of Rochester
Location: Hornell, NY
Project Scope: Provide Full M/E/P/FP design services for new 80,000 sf Hospital in Hornell, NY.
- Stand-alone hospital with new central plant located in mechanical penthouse
- Dual Fuel – High efficiency condensing hot water boiler plant for space heating
- Dual Fuel – Vertical steam boiler plant for sterilization and humidification
- Low maintenance high efficiency air cooled chilled water plant with 100% redundancy – An independent low temperature chiller was provided for the operating room and sterile processing department dehumidification
- (4) Custom indoor air handling units
- (4) Operating rooms, MRI, CT, X-ray, Kitchen, SPD, Labs, Emergency Department, and many other spaces make up this facility
- (2) New emergency generators for back-up power
- RO/DI, medical gas, and domestic water systems
- Fire protection design in grid pattern to promote flexibility and future renovations
Results: U/R and St James Mercy were provided a new state-of-the-art hospital to better serve their rural community’s needs.