Client: SUNY Erie Community College
Location: Buffalo, NY
Provided professional design services for a new 56,000 SF Center For STEM Studies which houses specialized lab spaces for science related programs such as Physics, Engineering Science, Microbiology & Chemistry.
Results: The STEM building was projected to reduce its annual utility costs by nearly 32% while reducing the total building energy usage by nearly 42% over a code minimum building.
- High Performance Envelope, including fixed window shading
- Variable speed hot water and chilled water pumping
- Variable speed fans
- High efficiency lighting systems, including daylighting controls
- Demand controlled ventilation
- Energy recovery ventilation
- High efficiency boilers and chillers
- Radiant perimeter heating strategies
- Variable volume fume hood control
- Earned LEED GOLD Certification
- Building approved for NYSERDA incentive